booking

TO BOOK YOUR EVENT, WEDDING OR SESSION:
Please give me a call at 972.395.9156
www.rarmai.com or www.pinklightimages.com

Monday, December 19, 2011

When I make art....................

I am finishing up the last stages of my Corsicana Wedding!
WHAT A FANTASTIC time I've had....it has been busy, but I am getting it done.  The rush of Christmas and hub-ub of life...has got me going full-steam-ahead!!!!! 


So today, I sat down for a bit to create some art...
I really wanted to explain something out...that I think is actually quite fun. :)


....during the wedding time...I stole them away to get some couples' portraits....
well, intitally i had found this GREAT spot! omg, it had lighting already there, (i hate my flash, i really do) ....and I had this great layout going...in my brain...............


Here, let me show you.  (this was my personal spazzy smiley moment)

OOOO my insides were giddy on this! can u imagine the fun....hmmm?????  Minus the blue sky...it would have been really really neat lighting.  Later that nite, the sky was not there. :) It was super pitch black night-time.
In between THIS picture above and THIS picture below...there was a long long long time of waiting, parades, searches for music...introductions, reception time....and.......BAM!  (read the caption on the picture) ......heheehehe

What? what is this car? can we move it? Whose is this? Where did it come from, oh no, itz in my way...how am i going to get that picture i wanted...oh my...we're all in a hurry, i better hurry...don't have time, i guess i'll compromise a nice window shot, v. the awesome i saw. :) (these are my thoughts) :):):):)
Ok, so let's try this....let's see how it goes...and if I'll be ok with it! Hmm, so I try this, and several others poses in this spot...still doesn't measure up to what I wanted....

It is ok, but not what i wanted.....however, I do like it - just not my initial vision right? Hang on with me...itz a ride...in Jen-land. 
I proceed to try other things in other spots...and then end the night with the getaway...all the while in my mind...thinking, wow, I may have to just settle OR..........later on I'm thinking to myself...wow...I do still have this great test image....what would happen if...................

In the end, Knowing i would have to come home and maybe try to get a photoshopped version of what I really wanted....I was kinda pleased w/ the outcome.  It is very simple, very ghostly feeling...but very romantic.  I wouldn't take it back! :)  I really really love it. 
What scenarios have you wished you could have CHANGED immediately to get the shot you wanted?  Why didn't you change it? What stopped you?  What will you do the next time you run into this?  These will be the questions I'll ask myself.  I hope to always push past compromise - but sometimes it wins...and sometimes, I get to have exceptional fun making art, post-process. :)


Go have some fun!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment