booking

TO BOOK YOUR EVENT, WEDDING OR SESSION:
Please give me a call at 972.395.9156
www.rarmai.com or www.pinklightimages.com

Monday, June 1, 2009

"Just let the moment happen, don't force it"...

I'll have to be honest about some aspects of photography....

I respect those that do the "setups" of the moments of life...but I think what I enjoy more is the moments we capture and the folks don't know it. I like knowing we are seeing true feelings, true actions...and that true person...rather than a "setup" of what we think they want or what they think they want in their photos.

If they are happy, it will show.
If they are shy, they will come out of their shell...it just takes time. :)
I personally would love to just get rid of all "formal-ities" of wedding photography...u know what i'm talking about...the "posed" shots...I love them for what they are : a record of how they looked, how many were there supporting them, but that is about it! There is nothing super-creative about those kinds of shots to me. Even when you go out and "pose" them uniquely...itz still just EH.

(which is why i'm excited for my june 13th wedding....)....more to come on THAT one! yea!
But here are the teasers from the wedding I just shot....
real moments captured, not set up....
The flower girl was admiring herself in the mirror...the only thing i did was move to capture the bride getting ready in the background. I won't tell you which phase this was...but ...u know...it was a great & funny moment.

This was just one of those moments that always come along during a wedding...the bride & groom watch as their friends & family cut it up on the dance floor! I loved the fact that this was a great white tent...where i could bounce my flash...and still leave a lil mystery to who is behind the couple...we just know they are watching...and in love.


Communion : a common union. Where time alone up front with each other...and whomever speaks the words of what marriage means...and what it means to share communion when you include Jesus in the mix! Itz a moment of reverance and reflection...and u may or may not hear or listen to the words of the pastor...as you are in that dazey process of being married...and u are probably on your knees thanking God...for what he has done! :) I just captured a moment w/ the pastor in focus and the couple out of focus. Just wanted to capture the intense reflective moment of the ceremony together. :)


More to come on my smugmug over this week....I have quite a few photos to surf through...but was able to put up some teasers in a few places for the family. :) There is nothing like the joy of re-living the day without the WAIT. :)

P.S....i really had an overwhelming awesome feeling...because they loved their engagement photos so much....they actually used them in the invites, the rehearsal dinner invite...the photo to display...and their slide show. I felt like it was an art show/gallery moment....like my work was on display...and they loved it THAT much to actually use it. I felt like an artist! :) You may think this happens often? Not to me! :)

Enjoy your Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment