booking

TO BOOK YOUR EVENT, WEDDING OR SESSION:
Please give me a call at 972.395.9156
www.rarmai.com or www.pinklightimages.com

Thursday, November 10, 2011

And couch FOR THE WIN!

There are days...where things seem to come together...after many years...of collecting and using pieces of furniture that did their part.  I gave away 2 couches this past week...and left myself open to receive a new one.  Actually, I received more than that!  I was dreaming of a couch with legs...but I did not dream up this FANTASTIC shape...or COLOR!!!! WOW!  I'm a fan of what I call "Blue Man Blue"...or sometimes called Cobalt Blue.  It really truly is an amazing shade of blue, made just for me.  Colorful, bright and homey.  It is a little sectional couch, and all together probably about 8ft long - but apart pretty easy to manuever.

I made a quick stop downtown after having a late nite inspiration search online and on Facebook.  I found this couch on a website that I had seen the previous couple of weeks, but THIS couch was not on there. :)  I needed something multi-functional - and able to be used as a prop for photography - at my leisure.  This double win came as a big surprise...and def. a huge blessing.

These 2 you CANNOT find at Ikea...not even close.  Matter of fact, Ikea's cheapest couch is maybe $300 or so....and the 2 of these together were a great price, even on sale. :)  AMAZING.  They definitely have been loved and used, but still remain in really good structure and soundness.  I'm excited to present to you....a more "finished" look for my living room/studio. :) 

My car is filled to the brim with Cobalt Blue Couch!!!!
Fabulous vintage find at a local Dallas place..."sectional"
Using my 13yr old 1950's lamps as accessories, plus my lovely glass decanter.  I have bought various objects over the years, and it is really really NEAT to see them all come together in the matter of a day.

The wooden cube came from my previous full-time job...in which as we were downsizing, extra furniture was being tossed out.  I had ALWAYS loved that cube.  Well, that was 2008 when I got laid off and I got to take it home!!!!  It has been in a corner and un-used since 08.   The lamp is a twin from a find in Paris TX in 1998.  It was the year I saw Titanic for the first time...and these lamps have traveled EVERYWHERE with me since 98 and have survived!  They never really "fit in" per say - but at the heart of it - they are totally my style and I was ALWAYS in love w/ the lampshades!!!!  I also added the little glass decanter, because I bought that also many years ago.  Probably in Oklahoma somewherz, because in 1999 I lived in the Adair/Tulsa area and often found cool things to buy.  I probably bought it there. :)  But it was not the whopping $40 that I see ppl charging for it - it was like $8. :)  Definitely a great find in my wild life of moving.

I said all of this to say.
In one day, all these pieces I've had for years - made sense. :) 
I was envisioning the completed project in which I could make various scenarios from these couches...leaving room for creativity and fun.  I'm in awe that God hears and knows our simplest desires to illustrate a point.  He is out there, and if we let him - he will be a part of our life and live through our every joy and our every moment of despair. :) Thank you God! U are awesome. :)

And yes, even when couch shopping. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment